Click here to download the full presentation.
- Much is still unknown regarding the markers of disease and recovery process for SARS-CoV-2, including if and what immunity arises and which tests or markers can be useful in assessing immunity status
- A multi-phased plan is required to reopen the economy post-COVID-19, with significantly daily testing capacity (millions) required at all stages
- Challenges with scientific validation, regulatory, manufacturing, and ongoing logistics must be overcome to successfully ramp up testing capacities in the US
- Hundreds of molecular and serology tests are now available, but many have limited accuracy (high false positive/negative rates) due to the rapid development and lack of validation of these tests
- In this edition of Demystifying COVID-19 Testing, we highlight what is required now and in the future to move to a “new normal” and why it is challenging to get this testing up and running at volumes needed in the US